With a retractable hard-top roof which can be operated below 10km/h, the Mazda MX-5 RF is only available with the 118kW/200Nm 2.0-litre engine – driving through a choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions.
The three-model range includes the entry-level ‘RF’,’ RF GT’ and ‘RF GT Black Roof’.
As the name suggests, the range-topper scores a black roof – a hand-painted one in fact. There’s also Nappa leather interior trim.
All models gain a 4.6-inch colour TFT screen and adaptive LED headlights, along with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear lever.
GT models pick-up a nine-speaker BOSE audio system with speakers in the seat headrests, heated seats and LED tail-lights.
You can’t buy a Mazda MX-5 RF with the soft-top’s ‘Meteor Grey Mica’ paint – the RF lands a new ‘Machine Grey Metallic’ instead.
Stay tuned to TMR for more on the 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF.
Pricing (excludes on-road costs)
2017 MAZDA MX-5 RF
- RF 6sp manual – Cloth trim – $38,500
- RF 6sp automatic – Cloth trim – $40,550
- RF GT 6sp manual – Black or Tan leather trim – $43,890
- RF GT 6sp automatic – Black or Tan leather trim – $45,890
- RF GT Black Roof (BR) – 6sp manual – Nappa leather – $44,890
- RF GT Black Roof (BR) – 6sp automatic – Nappa leather – $46,890