In the face of a recently renewed Navara and Triton, plus a heavily updated Ranger, and soon-to-arrive Hilux, the BT-50 only offers a series of minor changes over the previous version.
Once again the BT-50 line-up will comprise of XT, XTR and range-topping GT models. 23 variants will be available in total, with 10 4×2 models and 13 4×4 models spread across single cab, freestyle cab and dual cab body styles.
Engines carry over with a 2.2 litre four-cylinder diesel in the 4×2 XT cab chassis, with all other variants running a 3.2 litre five-cylinder diesel. Both engines can be teamed with a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
Taking pride of place in the BT-50 interior is a new infotainment system. XTR and GT models feature a 7.8 inch high definition screen, with satellite navigation.
Additionally, 4×4 adventurers can add HEMA maps to the sat-nav system, for specialised off-road mapping and information.
A reversing camera is also standard on XTR and GT, and is available as an $820 option for all other models.
XT variants with a bench seat gain a lockable glovebox, while bucket seat versions pick up height adjustment and lumbar support for the drivers seat. Dual cab XT now wears dark-finish 16-inch alloy wheels.
XTR models gain tubular side steps, auto headlights and wipers, and auto dimming mirrors. GT models add heated power-folding mirrors with integrated indicators, and rear privacy glass.
- 16-inch steel wheels
- 16-inch alloy wheels (Freestyle cab and dual cab utility)
- Halogen headlamps
- Power windows and mirrors
- Black cloth seat trim
- Cruise control
- Lockable glovebox
- Trip computer
- Audio system with: AM/FM tuner, single-disc CD player (MP3 compatible) and 4 speakers (6 speakers for dual cab)
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio capability
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Rear step bumper (Freestyle cab and dual cab utility)
- SRS Airbags (front, curtain on single cab. Front, side, curtain on Freestyle cab and dual cab)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Hill Launch Assist (HLA)
- Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
XTR (in addition to XT)
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Door handles (chrome)
- Front fog-lamps (Halogen)
- Headlamps auto on/off function
- Power mirrors (chrome)
- Rear-view mirror auto dimming
- Rear step bumper (chrome)
- Side steps (tubular, polished)
- Tailgate lock (dual cab)
- Wipers (front) 2-speed with rain-sensing function
- Air-conditioning (dual-zone climate control)
- Floor covering: carpet
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob
- Audio system with 6 speakers
- Satellite navigation
- Rear-view mirror auto dimming (dual cab)
GT (in addition to XTR)
- Power mirrors (heating and folding function) with turn indicator
- Privacy glass
- Front seats with 8-way power adjustment (driver)
- Black leather seat trim
Engines and transmissions remain unchanged, with a 2.2 litre four-cylinder diesel in the 4×2 XT cab chassis leading the charge, producing 110kW at 3700rpm and 375Nm between 1500 and 2500rpm with fuel consumption rated from 7.6 to 8.9 l/100km.
All other variants run a 3.2 litre five-cylinder diesel capable of 147kW at 3000rpm and 470Nm from 1750 to 2500rpm. Fuel consumption sits between 8.4 and 8.9 l/100km for 4×2 models and 8.9 to 9.2 l/100km on 4x4s.
A six-speed manual or six-speed automatic can be paired with either engine, depending on model.
Braking is via ventilated front disc brakes backed up by rear drums on all variants.
Pricing for the single cab 2.2 litre XT 4×2 manual cab chassis remains unchanged, kicking off from $25,570 the price rise is as little as $75 for some variants, but can be up to $810 more expensive for the 3.2 litre dual cab XTR 4×2 automatic utility, starting from $46,360.
The most expensive model in the range, the dual cab 3.2 litre GT 4×4 utility automatic tops out at $53,790, a price increase of $650.
6M 2.2L Single c/chas XT 4X2 $25,570
6A 2.2L Single c/chasXT 4X2 $28,815
6M 3.2L Single c/chas XT 4X2 $28,815
6M 3.2L Freestyle c/chas XT 4X2 $32,745
6A 3.2L Freestyle c/chas XT 4X2 $34,745
6M 3.2L Dual c/chas XT 4X2 $34,745
6M 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XT 4X2 $36,545
6A 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XT 4X2 $38,545
6M 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XTR 4X2 $41,630
6A 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XTR 4X2 $43,630
6M 3.2L Single c/chas XT 4X4 $36,850
6A 3.2L Single c/chas XT 4X4 $38,910
6M 3.2L Freestyle c/chas XT 4X4 $40,815
6A 3.2L Freestyle c/chas XT 4X4 $42,815
6M 3.2L Freestyle Cab Utility XTR 4X4 $47,675
6A 3.2L Freestyle Cab Utility XTR 4X4 $49,675
6M 3.2L Dual c/chas XT 4X4 $42,815
6M 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XT 4X4 $44,615
6A 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XT 4X4 $46,615
6M 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XTR 4X4 $49,700
6A 3.2L Dual Cab Utility XTR 4X4 $51,700
6M 3.2L Dual Cab Utility GT 4X4 $51,790
6A 3.2L Dual Cab Utility GT 4X4 $53,790